Monday, January 31, 2011

Introducing...Tassiana Marie


My name is Tassiana (Tassi for short). I am a 23 year old senior at CSUSM getting my BA in HD, specializing in child services in May. I was home schooled until eighth grade and attended a small charter High School afterwards. I went to the notorious Palomar for my General Ed and was a transfer student here. I have a passion to work with children and I am exploring my options in the teaching field!

As far as my technological literacy, I did take three years of computers in High School. It has been a while since I brushed up on the new technology and I am very unfamiliar with Mac computers. I could use all the help I can get!! I am excited for the course, because I would like to have an intimate relationship with my computer.;) If I had it my way, I would not use a lot of technology, but since this is where the rest of society is heading, I refuse to drown in an ocean of technological advancements!

While reading the CSUSM Mission Statement, I liked the part about demonstrating a commitment to collaboration. I believe that it takes many people to figure out the best possible solutions and to get a job done well! I have recently found that when two or more people share their knowledge on a particular subject, educated decision making skills are at its highest peak! Collaboration was not a factor in my decision to apply to CSUSM, rather it was an experience that I learned  while attending this University and it has ignited a further desire to pursue my future endeavors at this location.



4 comments:

  1. I love working w/ children but 1st and foremost I love being a mom. Good luck to you and you move through life in college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow home schooled till the 8th grade. How was your experience attending the charter High School?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - love the layout of your page

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great! of course I was in denial and I wanted to go to a "regular" public high school, but I am definitely glad that I attended charter! It made college easier. I was challenged past what I thought I could achieve and now whenever I reach an obstacle, I am not afraid! I would highly recommend it! Great transition from being homes schooled, small class sizes, great teachers and strong emphasis on academics!

    ReplyDelete